LIST OF IPOH ACS SCHOLARSHIPS & BURSARIES WINNERS – 2013
1. STRIVING FOR THE BEST BURSARIES [Value: RM11,550 p.a.]
1. Foong Pooi Yee (6AE) RM1,200 p.a.
2. Tan Yu-Han (4E) RM 800 p.a.
3. Harinder Singh A/L Nirmal Singh (5R) RM 1,200 p.a.
4. Smyrna Ruben s/o Parthiban (4E) RM 800 p.a.
5. Bryan Raj s/o Peter Jabaraj (4E) RM 800 p.a. – RENOUNCED
6. Anuar Abu Bakar bin Mazlan (3E) RM 700 p.a.
7. Karan Dinish s/o Patmanathan (3E) RM700 p.a.
8. Loo Kai Ming (2B) RM 600 p.a.
9. Wong Seng Kuan (2B) RM 600 p.a.
10. Geveganesh s/o Shasitharan (2E) RM 600 p.a.
11. Kok Kar Juan (2E) RM 600 p.a.
12. Ho Kar Meng (6RB) RM 750 p.a.
13. Wong Yen Wen (6RE) RM 750 p.a.
14. Au Yong Kah Wye (6RE) RM 750 p.a.
15. Wang Ye Sum (6RB) RM 750 p.a.
16. Santhiya A/P Asogan (6RE) RM 750 p.a.
No.1 , 2 , and 12 – 16 are all new recipients. All the others who were awarded bursaries last year and are awarded bursaries again this year.
The donors have pledged to run the bursaries programme over a period of 7 years certain commencing Year 2012.
[Update as at 10.7.2013: Bryan Raj s/o Peter Jabaraj has opted for Biasiswa Kecil Yayasan Telekom Malaysia. He will refund the amount of RM 320 paid to him for February to May 2013. The number of bursaries awarded this year is therefore 15 and the aggregate value is RM11,550.]
2. LAI CHAN FAH SCHOLARSHIPS [Value: RM2400 p.a.]
1. Thienesh A/L Gunasekaran (5B) RM 1,200 p.a.
2. Rasvin Kumar A/L Jaya Krishna (5E) RM 1,200 p.a.
The scholarships were first awarded in Year 2012.
3. CLASS OF 1962/1964 SCHOLARSHIPS [Value: RM2400 p.a.] – NEW
1. Saraswathi Arivasagam (6AE) RM 1.200 p.a.
2. Chong Yee Hong (5E) RM 1.200 p.a.
The sponsors have placed funds totaling RM 12,000 with our Alumni Association for the purpose of providing 2 scholarships each year over five years commencing Year 2013. Subsequently, on 3rd July 2013 on behalf of his Cohort, Dato Thong Kok Cheong presented us a cheque for RM2,500 to top up the Scholarship Fund to RM 14,500. Thank you, Class of 1962/1964 for your generosity!
4. REBECCA LEE SCHOLARSHIP [Value: RM750 p.a.]
1. Selva Ganapathy s/o Muthu Kumar (4S) RM 750 p.a.
The sponsor has placed funds totaling RM 2420.32 with our Alumni Association.
5. PROFESSOR GUNASEELAN SELVADURAY SCHOLARSHIP [Value: RM750 p.a.] – NEW
1. Sarmindaran Naidu s/o Siva Kumar (4E) RM 750 p.a.
6. LEE SEONG YAN SCHOLARSHIP [Value: RM500 p.a.]
1. Leong Shu Yin (6AT) RM 500 p.a.
7. VICTOR CHEW SCHOLARSHIP [Value: RM500 p.a.]
1. Wong Yit Xiang (6AR) RM 500 p.a.
8. CHOONG CHEE PEW SCHOLARSHIPS [Value: RM1000 p.a.] – NEW
1. Lee Da Long (1B) RM500 p.a.
2. Devinthiran s/o Mutayah (1B) RM 500 p.a.
Mr. Choong will sponsor both students throughout their education in Ipoh ACS up to Form Six subject to satisfactory performance on their part each year. He has placed sufficient funds (RM12400) with our Alumni Association for this purpose.
9. LAI MOO CHAN SCHOLARSHIPS [Value: RM4100 p.a.] – NEW
1. Joshua s/o Vellamanikam (4S) RM 800 p.a.
2. Amrik Singh A/L Ajmir Singh (3B) RM 700 p.a.
3. Mohamad Farabi bin Hanafiah (2S) RM 600 p.a. – RENOUNCED
4. Thines s/o Joganathan (2A) RM 600 p.a.
5. Muhammad Fathul Haiqal bin Yasir (1S) RM 500 p.a.
6. Ashwan bin Arman Shafie Seelan (1B) RM 500 p.a.
7. Muhamad Firdaus Deva Manogaran (1T) RM 500 p.a.
8. Shoo Yen Lun (1B) RM 500 p.a.
Mr. Lai has placed funds totaling RM5000 with our Alumni Association. The unutilized balance of RM300 will be carried forward to next year.
[Update as at 10.7.2013: Mohamad Farabi has since opted for Biasiswa Kecil Persekutuan and has refunded the sum of RM240 disbursed to him for the months of February to May 2013. Consequently, only 7 scholarships are awarded this year involving a total sum of RM4,100. The unutilized balance to be carried forward to next year is RM900.]
10. CLASS OF 1970 FORM 5 SCHOLARSHIPS [Value: RM1500 p.a.] – NEW
1. Syed Muhammad Solihin b. Syed Badri (1T) RM 500 p.a.
2. Lee Da Sheng (1T) RM 500 p.a.
3. Lee Wen Jie (1B) RM 500 p.a.
The sponsors have placed a sum of RM 4.500 with our Alumni Association for the purpose of awarding 3 scholarships a year for 3 years commencing Year 2013.
11. LEONG SOO NYEAN AWARD [Value: RM400 p.a.]
1. Clement s/o Mariadass (2S) RM 400
The anonymous donor has placed RM 14,000 with our Alumni Association and will continue to top up the funds at the rate of RM 2,000 p.a. until the funds accumulate to RM 20,000. The next top-up is due in 2014. He has specified that the bank interest earned on the funds is to be allocated for scholarship(s). In subsequent years, the scholarship value is expected to enhance.
The scholarship is awarded for the first time this year.
SUMMARY OF SCHOLARSHIPS
Total Numbers 38
Total Value RM27,250
[Update as at 10.7.2013: Following the renouncing of the scholarships by Bryan Raj s/o Peter Jabaraj and Mohamad Farabi bin Hanafiah, 36 scholarships are awarded this year for RM25,850.]
The above scholarships will be disbursed over 10 monthly installments from February to November. In the case of the Lower Sixth students, the monies will be disbursed in 6 monthly installments from May to October.
The first payment will be disbursed before 30th April 2013 and will cover the months of February to May 2013 (4 months). Thereafter, all subsequent payments will be disbursed on the 1st Day of every month.’
1. Datuk Lean will assume responsibility for disbursements of Scholarships No. 1 & No. 2 totaling RM14,750 via Ipoh ACS for 18 recipients [amended to RM13,950 for 17 recipients as at 10.7.2013].
2. Our Alumni Association will effect payments to Ipoh ACS for Scholarships No. 3 to 11 totaling RM12500 for 20 recipients [amended to RM11,900 for 19 recipients as at 10.7.2013].
Datuk Lean / 9th April 2013 [updated 26th June 2013 & 10th July 2013]